Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The movies I saw months ago (but never wrote about)

Slumdog millionaire - I really don't know whats the hype all about.. I found the movie just averagely okay.. the soundtrack was awesome, but the movie - OK. Could be because I'd read the book before. But really!! Frieda Pinto was non-existent, yet she's all over the media (rolling my eyes) Dev Patel was blah. The actual credit goes only to those kids. They totally stole the show. Brilliant performances by lil Jamal, who was also incredibly cute.

Ru-ba-ru - Copy of If Only, one of my fav. movies, decent make, nothing that great. Saw it only because I really like Shahana. I still have to solve the mystery of whether she was the one sitting next to me in that bus journey.

Little Zizou - Cute, funny, n crazy!! The Parsis are truly unique in their ways :) The humor was so crazy. I especially loved the little angry girl. The looks she gives Xerxes whenever he's around are just too much. Xerxes himself is rather cute. His elder brother (Imaad Shah, Nasseruddin Shah's son) also acts well in this one. John hardly has a role. The battle between the two families is hilarious.

Firaaq - Another riot movie, but well made. I have always liked movies in which different stories are woven together. This one was also directed that way. Nice movie, though I wish it had more matter and substance.

Eagle Eye - A typical American spy FBI thriller, decent, one time watch, if bored.

Body of Lies - Nice! Leo is always good, he should really get an Oscar soon!! HE does the cop role really well. Even Russell Crowe does his bit. A good watch.

Revolutionary Road - Kinda slow, n a bit boring! I liked the storyline though. I wish the whole concept had been portrayed a little better. Two great actors seemed to have gone waste. The movie leaves you with a feeling of unease, you don't really know if its over or there is something more to come.

Gulaal - Hmm... mixed feelings.. dint like it too much, but good acting. Too much of violence! The soundtrack of this movie is mind blowing. Totally different kind of music. Mostly adaptations of old songs, but beautiful lyrics. Piyush Mishra has woven magic into the songs.

The Reader - Bold scenes!! really bold scenes!! Ok movie, gud acting!! But I dint find Kate's performance worth the Oscar !

Bee Movie - Cute! Animations always make me smile.

Nim's Island - OK, kiddish.. but OK !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails