Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hard Rock Cafe, Pune - a review

I love this place. I celebrated my 23rd birthday here and simply loved it. I dig loud music. S isn't too fond of it coz he says then you can't have a conversation. But, I still love it. HRC is the place for great music and loud, just like I like it.

So I went there again last week. New dress, now shoes, high spirits...nothing could stop me from having a good time and nothing did, thankfully. They have a new policy of taking down all your details - name, address, phone no., etc. No problem. Anything to stop terrorism.

We entered and a favorite Bon Jovi song was playing. I was thrilled. We were quickly shown to our table. The place was quite packed even though it was a Wednesday night. We settled down and looked at the menu. We ordered a Sex on the beach, a LIIT and a Berry-something. The LIIT was potent. Starters were - batter fried prawns and some chicken dish. I don't eat meat so can't say how that was, but the prawns were great. For the food, we ordered a burger - good I heard and I ordered a calamari dish. it was okay - a bit chewy. The portions are quite large (for me atleast) and so value-for-money.

My second drink, which wasn't on the menu but the sweet (and cute) waiter got made for me was a Cosmopolitan. Nice. I have always liked the service at this place. I've never been disappointed. they hire really good, pleasant and friendly chaps (on the good looking side too *giggles*)

Where should I begin about the music. Everyone who has been there knows it rocks. They place all kinds, from soft rock to hard. Only, they refused to play SOAD so S was quite bummed coz of that. But then they played Metallica for him and he was joyous again. They said they couldn't play SOAD coz the crowd wudn't like it. Ha ha !

The place is on the expensive side. Cocktails are about 250-350 bucks. Food is also slightly pricy. They have recently started happy hours from 4-7 pm where they serve 3 beers for 210 (that's good, if only I drank beer) the food is priced down too. So you can make the most of it.
They have live bands playing every Thursday though there is an entry of 150 bucks. I still haven't visited on that day.

Again, I love this place. I love the decor. The music. The cocktails. The staff. oh did I tell you, the guy who escorts you to your table wears skates. I found that so cool. I wanted to try them on, its been so long since I skated.

P.S. A guy seemed to be staring at me and so I stared right back at him. Ha, it was funny coz he had to look away then and was embarrassed.
I clicked many many pics, also one outside alongside Shakira :) I am a photo-addict, so ya !

The Calamari rings

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails