Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LSD - Love, Sex aur Dhoka

Oops, I almost forgot to write about this. Saw it a week-or-so back. It just slipped right outta my mind, no not the movie, just the review part of it. The movie is quite unforgettable. I have to admit that once it was over and I was walking out of the theater, I kept wondering to myself, "whats the big hype about it, its not such a big deal." I mean the movie was nice and all, very different, but the tweets that flooded my timeline were truly exaggerated.

But, I slowly caught myself thinking about the movie, time and again. I kept going over the finer details, the subtle messages here and there. And then it finally struck me. it was a brilliantly made movie. Chalo, Der aaye durust aaye !

The movie is divided into three stories, Love, Sex and Dhoka. The camera has a vital role to play in each, and more so in the second. The ending of the first story is gory. I cudn't figure out what was happening and S had to actually point it out to me. When I finally saw into it, gosh, shocked is an understatement. The second one makes you feel sick in the gut and lash out at all men there are in the world. The third one was quite hilarious. And I loved the title track. Only Kailash Kher could do justice to such a composition. Superbly sung.

The was the film is made, feels more like a documentary. Also, I didn't know when it actually started. I liked that very much too. While you feel the theater is showing some ad, its actually the movie. Haha ! very well done, Dibakar. And you have to see the movie, whatever I might say will not do justice to it.

WATCH IT !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails