Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh my god, HAIL !!

Something unbelievable happened yesterday. It was hot as usual. I came back from work and had already started to sweat, even though the fan was on at full speed. It began to get dark and I began to feel faint traces of a cool breeze. Then, all of a sudden, there was a flash of lightening. And then some more. Thunder obviously followed and before I could say r-a-i-n, it began to drizzle. I helped mom to quickly move the wooden stuff in and gather the clothes put out to dry.

Strangely, i could hear this loud patter, too load for rain drops I thought. I go out, and believe it or not, HAIL !! In Pune, in the middle of summer, Un-bloody-believable. I ran to pick some up. I had to feel it to believe it. I quickly collected some and took pictures to show everyone. It din't hail in other parts of the city, because there was nothing in the papers today. It was fantastic. The last time I witnessed a hail storm was in Ambala, and that place in is the north and it is cold. I never imagined a hail storm in Pune. The weather has become really unpredictable. Quakes, volcanoes, and now hail. Wonder whats next. Maybe this is a sign of global weather change !! Below you can see the pic of the hail stones I collected. It lasted for just about 15-20 mins but it was fun. Children were squealing in the garden, it must be a first for most of them.

Hail. Pune. Summer. Wonderful. Atleast the weather became pleasant post storm.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails